Although, historically, politics, continues to be marginally, partisan, in nature, we have not, lately, observed, such a degree of unwillingness, to consider, bipartisan cooperation, even if it’s the requirement of the American people. This behavior, which could be referred to, as, politics, more than coverage / individuals, is bad direction, because itfavors, one’s political supporters, over the remainder of the general public. Wouldn’t we better served, if, after elected, politicians changed into statesmen, and focused on the common good, as opposed to private political agenda, and/ or self – interest? With that in mind, this guide will try to briefly consider, review, and discuss, 5 motives, this is, both, poor policy and a lack of genuine leadership.
1. Not applicable: Empty rhetoric and promises, might garner votes, and be popular, but it is not real leadership, nor in the best interests of the general public! America, particularly with the many challenges, the world and country, faces, now, needs relevant solutions, as opposed to polarization, or pitting one section against another! Whether this is due to the exceptional character, and nature, of President Donald Trump, or an undesirable tendency, it doesn’t achieve, what’s best, for many Americans!
2. Unsustainable: President Trump, in an effort to become popular, and honor his campaign promise, to change the taxation system, and reduced taxation, endorsed the legislation, passed towards the end of 2017, which was depicted, as focused on the middle – class, while really, favoring the wealthiest individuals and corporations. In the, less than half – year, since enacted, we’ve observed a enormous expansion of the national deficit, with predictions, for ever – expanding shortages, in the future, and corporations, which Trump and his assistants, asserted, would use the extra revenues, to employ more people, and pay more, have really, used most of the windfall, to increase their corporate earnings!
3. Change should be, for the better, not only, for change – benefit: When political rhetoric gets empty promises, the shift is, seldom, beneficial, to the general good, of most Americans. Quantify the outcomes, not, by the amount of rhetoric and promises, but, instead, whether it generates added benefits, for many Americans!
4. Common good, not private schedule: Be certain, the policies and plans, aren’t based on political or personal agendas, or somebody’s self – interests! Unless/ until, the attention, always, focuses on service to the general public, for the common good, instead to a politician’s assistants, and/ or donors, elected officials aren’t representing us!
5. While, this meant different things to different folks, I resented the term, again, since it indicated, we weren’t already, an excellent state, and urged usto return, to the past, instead of, into the future. We should, rather hunt, to improve how government serves its people, instead of elected officials, and/ or special attention!
Unfortunately, as we are currently seeing and observing, politics and self – interest, appear to be prioritized!